Learn HTML from Begining
My first post is a quickie on how to get yourself started with Web development and how to create your first web page. Web development is an output of a beautifully designed page and a programming behind it. So firstly we will start web design and will move to programming later.
WEB DESIGNING :
For designing a page or you can say frontend of a web application, we need to be familiar with HTML. Heard of it before, good! HTML is the standard markup language for creating Web pages. HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. It create web page structure using markups.HTML elements are the building blocks of HTML pages represented by tags. Tags are used to markup the content of page and arrange them to create layout. This information is much for startup rest we will cover up step by step later.
So let’s get started with our first HTML document. To create a HTML document we don’t need any special setup or program. We just need a simple text editor. We have default text editor notepad in windows and TextEdit in mac. So let’s create a new text document:
- Right click the mouse and choose new and then Text Document.
- Open the new created document and type the following lines of code.
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>Page Title</title> </head> <body> <h1>My First Heading</h1> <p>My first paragraph.</p> </body> </html>
- Now click on File in context menu and then select save as.
- Now type the file name of your choice and change its extension from .txt to .html and choose save as type as All Files(*.*). Then click save. I am saving my file as index.html.
- Now right click on document we have just saved and choose any browser in Open with menu. As I select google chrome.
- And here is the output of our first HTML code.
Explaination of Code
- The <!DOCTYPE html> declaration defines this document to be HTML5
- The <html> element is the root element of an HTML page
- The <head> element contains meta information about the document
- The <title> element specifies a title for the document
- The <body> element contains the visible page content
- The <h1> element defines a large heading
- The <p> element defines a paragraph
And these all elements surrounded by angle brackets are called as tags, The HTML Tags.
- HTML tags normally come in pairs like <p> and </p>
- The first tag in a pair is the start tag, the second tag is the end tag
- The end tag is written like the start tag, but with a forward slash inserted before the tag name
HTML Page Structure
Basic HTML page structure is as below:
This is all about a basic HTML page format.We will describe you all elements of html page in detail step by step. So keep visiting . And for upcoming posts and updates subscribe to our newsletter.